3/25/2015

Yamaha P 80 piano keys repair - popravka dirke


Yamaha P 80 digital piano repair



 Here I will explain how you can repair key for your yamaha P80 piano at minimum cost.
 All you need for this is candle, needle and pilers and all of us have those thing in home so before you quit reading (if you probably thinking "what this fool write here") I just wanna tell you that you have nothing to loose if you try this.
 Your key is probably damaged and wont back to regular position after you press it, or it back but a bit slowly than it should be.
 So why that happens?
 Here I will explain to you everything about how keys work and how they are usually get damaged.
 Look on this photo:

keys repair yamaha P 80



 If you look closely this key you can notice that this one is already repaired before with glue but previous owner didn't do that well so when I bought this used piano I saw that four keys are damaged and don't work fine.
keys repair yamaha P 80 1

 I open P80 piano and found that some of keys are repaired with glue and some are just damaged so at end I have six keys to repair or replace.
 Keys for Yamaha P80 piano costs about 13-15$ and since I need six that would cost me closely to 100$ so I decided to try repair them myself and look how I did.
 You can open picture in new window to see full sized but at right side of key someone use glue to fix piece of plastic that was broken and when he try to fix key he did not place piece right and it was moved more to right side that it should be.

keys repair yamaha P 80 2


So now key don't stand at normal position on mechanism and axis of key is unbalanced and makes key to have more resistance with other parts of a mechanism. Now you understand why the key is returned slowly or even remain there.
So your job is to make axes of the key as it should be.
First take a lighter and candle and heat needle so you can easily put needle in body of keys. When you heat needle you need to wait just until needle change color to red. When needle is ready then you must fast plug needle in key's body like I did on these picture:

keys repair yamaha P 80 3


keys repair yamaha P 80 4


It is OK to stamp a needle 4-5 mm in body so it needs to stand firmly in it.

keys repair yamaha P 80 5

Right place where you need to put needle is that one that will return correct axis to the key.

keys repair yamaha P 80 6

After you do this just cut off needle. 

keys repair yamaha P 80 7


Now, when you back key in piano, needle will hold key in normal position and key will have no resistance with other parts.

keys repair yamaha P 80 8

This method works perfect if you put needle at right place. Even if you do mistake you can repeat all over again until you do it right.
 Right position of needle should be as I describe in this picture:

keys repair yamaha P 80 9

In next article I show you two videos where I demonstrate keys after I repaired them. Also I give you advice how to opet Yamaha P80 and remove top cover to get access to keys and easly remove them from body. READ MORE
Yamaha P 80 piano keys repair - popravka dirke М 5 of 5
Yamaha P 80 digital piano repair  Here I will explain how you can repair key for your yamaha P80 piano at minimum cost.  All you need...

3 коментара :

Unknown је рекао...

Thank you, I do repair my key as you describe in post!

М је рекао...

I'm gld that I help you with this post.

Unknown је рекао...

exeent